I know about the pledge(2) development, but systrace and pledge are not
mutually exclusive. Pledge need to be used inline, where systrace can be used
as a command line tool.
If you remove it, many scripts that use systrace for privilege reduction will
broke.
Of course, you can put it on packages, but if you follow this logic, shouldn't
other tools be also removed and be on packages? banner(1) for example, is kind
useless. The cpan(1) pkg manager from perl also could be in packages. Same with
sqlite3, I think. Or telnet, since almost no one uses it anymore. Etc.