Hello dear OpenBSD friends.

I have just upgraded my 3.8 release CD install trough CVS to the stable
branch (OPENBSD_3_8)( src, ports and XF4). I have rebuilt my kernel, the
userland and X Window. Everything runs fine and smoothly as expected. I
also removed the installed packages and I am reinstalling them again
trough ports.

A question arises now to me: as I have read on the FAQ, everything must
be kept "in sync". Is it mandatory to remove the packages and reinstall
them again from ports when I upgrade the base system to the STABLE
branch?. Or perhaps,  can I "asume" that the STABLE patch branch does
not modify the base system enough to break the ports? This is a very
time consuming task as my computer has got a slow Internet connection
(5kB/s) and a not too fast processor (1200 MHz). A friend of mine
downloaded for me all 3.8 packages from OpenBSD servers and perhaps I
have to discard them from now.  :-(

Thank you very much in advance for your help and for this amazing OS.

Ramiro.