ropers, 14 Jun 2016 03:37:
> > the acer travelmate b115-m is an el cheapo netbook
> > with no moving parts if you stick an ssd in it.
> >

> Thanks for the addition and dmesg. Do you know if all the Travelmate B115's
> are fanless or only the M models, not MP or P? What about the B116's and
> B117's? Actually, are all the Travelmate B's fanless?

well, it doesn't say on the website, does it? :]
i think the biggest difference between MP and M was the
multi-touch-screen...   i _think_ they are all fanless
because of the CPU models, they are not that high end.
but 116 and 117 are not bay trail but braswell if i am
not mistaken, and i don't know the state of braswell on
openbsd...

> > it suspends, resumes, most things work;
> > the clickpad and the wifi being notable exceptions.
> >

> Does this mean that despite dmesg recognition, the pms0 device somehow does
> not work at all (=need external mouse), or does this mean just
> fancy-schmancy gesturing support won't work (limiting the pad to working
> like a conventional trackpad)?

the bios has to clickpad settings: basic/advanced.  i
could not make it work reliably with either of these
settings.  it seems to work sometimes but than it goes
"crazy" and the mouse cursor runs around so fast, it is
blurred.  so at the moment yes, i have to use an
external mouse or vim :]

> Is the apparent absence of separate trackpad buttons (as per pics I
> googled) an issue? Can the pad's lower parts work like buttons, or is it
> only tap-to-click (which I seriously hate)?

unfortunately there are no hw buttons...  i'd also
prefer that.  some linux users seem to had luck in
setting up X.org for soft buttons, but i did not try
as for a while setting the clickpad to emulate double
click and middle click seemed to work.  then the
crazyness came again :]

i have sent a bugreport and we'll see.

> I see some models have a touchscreen. Does yours? Do all of them? (I'd
> rather do without that.)

M's don't.

> Is the glossy screen annoying? (I prefer matte.)

the screen is as the price tag suggests..  not amazing
but quite usable.

i am very happy with it because my requirements were:
cheap, quiet, small, run openbsd w/o uefi (at the time
there was none in openbsd).

-f
--
i'm a tagline.  when i grow up i wanna be a novel.