Paul Suh [pl...@goodeast.com] wrote:

> Sj??holm,
>
> Take a look at:
>
> https://github.com/yellowman/flashrd
> https://github.com/markhellewell/resflash
>
> Hope this helps.

I'd just use a regular install on a a modern SSD. flashrd and other
techniques are great for _cheap_ and potentially buggy or otherwise
less reliable flash, such as USB sticks or SD cards. Most modern
SSDs do not fall in this category and are designed for long reliability,
especially in a typical appliance role where they don't get a lot of
action. I've been very happy with the inexpensive PC Engines 16GB msata
SSD on the APU. It's a DRAM-free design, intended for longevity in these
applications, not the highest write speed. Same with the SanDisk Z400s
on larger boards. If you are really paranoid, put a few extra bucks into
the Samsung SM863. I use the 1.92TB version under softraid 1 for a busy
mail server. It's a workhorse.