On 2016-07-07, Tinker <ti...@openmailbox.org> wrote:
> Studied this some more, notes from that below.
>
> My question to you is still the same as in the previous email, and that
> is:
>
> Is there really not is any mechanism to enforce loading of only ONE
> stdc++ version and that one being the NEWEST, in OpenBSD today; so

I already answered that one.

>       Having *all* library dependencies compiled with eg++ would ensure
> linking to the right runtime version

We can't do that because one of those dependencies is mesa which in
its current location in xenocara can only be built with a compiler
from base and GPLv3 is not a suitable license there.

Two solutions seem appropriate: move mesa libs to ports (but this
is not desirable as it is coupled to drm kernel code so it would
increase the risk of breakage in snapshots after changes), or bring
in libc++ and clang (which would have other advantages). Tweaking
things by adding some library-specific mechanism to ld.so seems
a nasty hack to me.