On 07/09/16 14:10, Matthias Apitz wrote:

> Thanks, this did it fine. The system boots fine from the USB key, but I
> do not see anything about the touchpad. As well X11 does not can use the
> mouse. I can imagine that I have to load somehow the driver imt(4), or
> even have to make a custom kernel? I'm attaching the dmesg output.
>
> Other question is, how I could bring up the ath0 interface. In FreeBSD I
> do use it with the wpa_supplicant methods to associate with my AP. The
> ifconfig does not see the ath0 interface. The netbook has no other NIC.

pci1 at ppb0 bus 1
"Atheros AR9462" rev 0x01 at pci1 dev 0 function 0 not configured

- means that for this one at least, you have a variant that 5.9 doesn't
support. I suspect that's the case with your touchpad as well.

Before trying to build custom kernels, I'd try with a snapshot (they're
6.0-beta at the moment), I remember vaguely some activity on the athn
driver during this cycle.

> Thanks and forgive if this is a FAQ (I do read the FAQ, but could not find
> the answer there).

as long as your hardware is supported, ifconfig is capable of handling
the simpler WPA setups, ie

ifconfig athn0 up nwid foo wpakey foospresharedsecret

but there is a wpa-supplicant package available if you need it.
http://bsdly.blogspot.com/ http://www.bsdly.net/ http://www.nuug.no/