On Fri 29.Jul'16 at 10:55:01 +0300, Kapetanakis Giannis wrote:
> On 28/07/16 22:47, C. L. Martinez wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> >  I will try to encrypt all carp traffic between two OpenBSD 5.9 fws
> > (fully patched). According to ifconfig(8) man page:
> >
> > carppeer peer_address
> > Send the carp advertisements to a specified point-to-point peer or
> > multicast group instead of sending the messages to the default carp
> > multicast group. The peer_address is the IP address of the other host
> > taking part in the carp cluster. With this option, carp(4) traffic can
> > be protected using ipsec(4) and it may be desired in networks that do
> > not allow or have problems with IPv4 multicast traffic.
> >
> >  And the last sentence describes the type of problem that I want to
> > avoid: "carp(4) traffic can be protected using ipsec(4) and it may be
> > desired in networks that do not allow or have problems with IPv4
> > multicast traffic".
> >
> >  But I don't see how to implement this feature. If I am not wrong, I
> > need to configure ipsec in transport mode. But how to encrypt carp
> > protocol only and keep all others services and protocols out of ipsec
> > tunnels??
> >
> >  Any tip or sample??
> >

> check proto (from protocol) in ipsec.conf(5)

Thanks Giannis. I have configured iked.conf in both firewalls.

FirewallA:

ikev2 esp proto carp from 172.22.55.12 to 172.22.55.13 psk
"74ed973deb695a3a5056e2e6ba3fdcb3" tap enc0

FirewallB:

ikev2 esp proto carp from 172.22.55.13 to 172.22.55.12 psk
"74ed973deb695a3a5056e2e6ba3fdcb3" tap enc0

 Starting iked from shell, all tunnels are established. But when I add
iked_flags= to rc.conf.local and reboot both firewalls, startup process stops
in iked process and neves finishes. I need to a hard reset ...

 Any idea why??