On Sun, 31 Jul 2016 21:48:46 +0300
Consus <con...@gmx.com> wrote:

> Come on, both you and Theo are such drama queens. Shut up already.

This. But I'd say there's more to it.

I don't know how things were back when OpenBSD has just been forked,
but I imagine it was something like a wave. Maybe similar to wave of
techno music in 90s which I was a part of. Similar in a way that
majority of partygoers were also mixing, and a number of them also
producing music. Not for money or entertainment, but for social
reform, and in order to make a world a better place. It was great.

As time went by, techno parties started to attract more people with
completely different vision. Less and less people cared about which drum
machine gives the best sound and what to solder where in order to get
midi control over analogue synth that originally lacked it, while more
and more people started to care if the guy/gal who performs is
'popular' enough, if he/she will attract enough 'cool' people etc. So
the wave gradually dissolved.

Sad as it is, I doubt OpenBSD will get some kind of '2nd wave'. And for
people who experienced a wave, it can be painful to watch it disappear
or morph into something else. It can be hard to see friends united in an
idea being replaced by strangers whining about why something isn't
clearly labelled as it should, or why something doesn't work in a way
they think it should etc. But there's no way back. Those people are
here to stay, and the old ones are not coming back.

I think that people who test, report problems, and ask questions which
are not answered in documentation, also bring value to OpenBSD,
even though they don't know how to write a patch (yeah, that's me I
admit). I know it is annoying to an expert to be constantly and
repeatedly asked about trivial questions. It can drive him/her mad. But
the solution is not to silence those who ask. Perhaps the solution is
to try to find people who would be happy to answer noobs' questions,
update documentation, administer bugtracker etc. Or do any other tasks
which are not really intended to be performed in pauses between diving
in kernel code.

Now how is this in any way related to tmpfs? I have no idea :)
After  enlightenment - chop wood, draw water.

Marko Cupać
https://www.mimar.rs/