Hi Theo!

> Gesendet: Montag, 08. August 2016 um 17:21 Uhr
> Von: "Theo Buehler" <t...@math.ethz.ch>
> An: misc@openbsd.org
> Betreff: Re: thunderbird segfaults
>
> > disklayout:
> > a:     5122.2M   /
> > b:     1019.8M   swap
> > d:   10244.6M   /tmp
> > e:   15359.0M   /var
> > f:    30718.0M  /usr
> > g: 914285.1M    /home
> >
> > /usr is mounted read-only
> > /var is mounted no-exec
>
> So much space and no separate /usr/local ? why?

Lazyness :-) and not being a developer I find it suitable for my needs
(flexibility with growing needs under /usr ): If _really_ necessary (about once
in 2 years) I simply install everything fresh but /home.

Yes - it is mounted wxallowed (Janne@ was the very first today to ask this).

> >         $ thunderbird
> >         out of memory
> >         Assertion failure: [unhandlable oom] OOM in createJitRuntime, at
> >
> > /usr/ports/pobj/thunderbird-45.2.0/thunderbird-45.2.0/mozilla/js/src/jscntxt.cpp:1228
> >         Segmentation fault (core dumped)
>
> Known problem: https://marc.info/?t=147057033100002&r=1&w=2
>
> >         thunderbird(30766): mmap W^X violation
> >         soffice.bin(68962): mprotect W^X violation
> [..]
> >         xpcshell(5887): mmap W^X violation
>
> A fix for thunderbird is being worked on:
> https://marc.info/?l=openbsd-ports&m=147066911817646&w=2

David Coppa kindly posted this to me as well. This is good to know and I will
patiently wait and see if I can do some tests.

This awful thing named "day job" prevented easy thinking: Should have checked
bugs@ myself - thanks for pointing me in this direction.

> The others will follow as soon as someone finds the time.

Theo@ attested to me some time ago that this is way beyond my skills... sadly I
have to admit that he is right.

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Best,