Stefan Wollny wrote:
Hi Theo!

Gesendet: Montag, 08. August 2016 um 17:21 Uhr
Von: "Theo Buehler" <t...@math.ethz.ch>
An: misc@openbsd.org
Betreff: Re: thunderbird segfaults

disklayout:
a:     5122.2M   /
b:     1019.8M   swap
d:   10244.6M   /tmp
e:   15359.0M   /var
f:    30718.0M  /usr
g: 914285.1M    /home

/usr is mounted read-only
/var is mounted no-exec

So much space and no separate /usr/local ? why?

Lazyness :-) and not being a developer I find it suitable for my needs
(flexibility with growing needs under /usr ): If _really_ necessary (about once
in 2 years) I simply install everything fresh but /home.

That's some kind of "laziness" there; you have to spend extra effort to get the installer to partition your drive like that, since it adds both /usr and /usr/local by default. ;)

Also, there's almost 30GB allocated to it. You could have allocated 10GB to /usr and the rest to /usr/local and you'd be good enough to install a few dozen packages at least.

If this is really the case, please make sure /usr is mounted wxallowed,
see https://www.openbsd.org/faq/upgrade60.html

Yes - it is mounted wxallowed (Janne@ was the very first today to ask this).

On that note, is there a list of ports/packages that needs wxallowed (or any way to obtain such a list)? It would be rather a shame if you only had packages that don't need wxallowed (eg. gateway, server) and that wxallowed option is sitting on the file system.