On 1/12/06, Craig Skinner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 12, 2006 at 11:19:54AM +0100, Otto Moerbeek wrote:
> >
> > Austin was asking for a euro zone bank.
>
> Last time I looked, the UK was on a map of Europe.
>
> Many UK banks are multi-currency.

According to the EC regulation 2560/2001, cross-border transactions
within the community  take place at the same charges applicable for
transactions within a member state. Being part of the community, these
rules also apply to the UK. As of Jan. 1st, 2006, the applicable limit
to those transactions lies at 50.000 euro.

In other words: you'll want to stay away from expensive banking
countries such as Italy. A UK bank shouldn't pose any problems. In
fact, it may even be beneficial to stay in a multi-currency location.

Cheers,

Rogier

--
If you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there.