On Tue, Oct 04, 2016 at 12:20:33PM -0400, Raul Miller wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 4, 2016 at 8:48 AM, Marc Espie <es...@nerim.net> wrote:
> > There's also a whole fucking manpage bundled with PerlDancer explaining in
> > some details all the possible deployment options.
>
> Related, though, is that a lot (but not all) of this documentation
> assumes the reader understands how to use mod_perl -- and incorporates
> its documentation by reference, or by implication.

This is getting off-topic for misc@, but the Plack and mod_perl are
fairly low-level so I don't think it's unfair to expect a reader who is
converting from one to the other to be familiar with them.  Then again,
the PSGI spec is not incredibly dense.

https://metacpan.org/pod/PSGI

And the FAQ seems to answer questions expecting, what seemed to me,
a reasonable knowledge level.

https://metacpan.org/pod/distribution/PSGI/PSGI/FAQ.pod

> People who don't understand that are probably expected to either
> figure it out for themselves, or migrate to some other environment
> (which might account for some of the popularity of node.js, rails and
> python).

While the page at http://plackperl.org/ could possibly be a bit
friendlier, it does have links to explain what it is and how it works,
plus links to something like 18 higher-level frameworks that support
PSGI, likely via Plack,

I think the hope is more that you might find the Task::Kensho link off
of the metacpan.org main page and from there follow the links to some of
the many perl web development frameworks that exist.

https://metacpan.org/pod/Task::Kensho#Task::Kensho::WebDev:-Web-Development

(I am in the middle of doing this at work, so may not have a good handle
on how someone new sees things)

l8rZ,
--
andrew - http://afresh1.com

At the source of every error which is blamed on the computer, you
will find at least two human errors, including the error of blaming
it on the computer.