On Thu, Oct 06, 2016 at 03:42:54PM +0200, Andreas Kusalananda Kähäri wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 06, 2016 at 12:57:43PM +0100, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> > On 2016/10/06 13:23, David Coppa wrote:

> > > devel/valgrind is missing the USE_WXNEEDED=Yes marker.
> >
> > valgrind works by preloading an .so file and wrapping library functions
> > to override with its own versions.
> >
> > You will at least need to link the program under test with
-Wl,-z,wxneeded
> > but you might need to do more than this.
> >

> Adding USE_WXNEEDED=Yes to the valgrind port cuts down the error from
> valgrind to just
>
> valgrind: mmap(0x108000, 4550656) failed in UME with error 12 (Cannot
> allocate memory).
>
> ... and a notification of a W^X violation from the kernel as before.
> Adding "-Wl,-z,wxneeded" when linking my application makes no
> difference.  I'm still trying to run it under /home with wxneeded added
> to the mount flags as before.
>
> Is there anything else I could try?

Adding wxallowed to the mount options of every single partition and
adding -Wl,-z,wxneeded to every step of the compilation doesn't help
either.

It feels as if I'm missing something basic here.

Andreas

--
Andreas Kusalananda Kähäri
Bioinformatics Developer

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/pgp-signature which had
a name of signature.asc]