On 2016-10-06, Stuart Henderson wrote:

> Kernel virtual memory access is no longer permitted by the kernel on a
> On 2016-10-04, normally running system.  The relevant parts of net-snmp will
need to be
> disabled or rewritten.

Thank you (again) for the reply.
Even though I had previously read the (net)snmpd manpage, I went through it
again, and found (apparently, missed it before):

     -r      Do not require root access to run the daemon.  Specifically, do
             not exit if files only accessible to root (such as /dev/kmem
             etc.) cannot be opened.

So, I added 'netsnmpd_flags="-r -u _netsnmp -I -ipv6"' to /etc/rc.conf.local,
and netsmtpd now starts without as expected.

# rcctl start netsnmpd
netsnmpd(ok)

Thanks again