On Sun, Nov 13, 2016 at 10:51:22PM +0100, Joris Vanhecke wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I'd like to pull my emails out of the cloud and run them on a local
> server (pcengines APU2 looks good).
> My ISP blocks tcp ports below 1024 and sending email from a residential
> (dynamic) IP might mark my email as spam.
>
> Right now I'm thinking of renting a cheap VPS and using it as a proxy
> for my home server which would use a dynamic DNS.
> I don't really want a copy of the email on the VPS so I was planning to
> use relayd or socat to route incoming traffic to my local OpenSMTPD
> server.
>
> But I don't really see a way to proxy outgoing connections from smtpd...
>
> Any ideas?

What about to have paused remote delivery on cloud proxy (and deliver
on request initiated from home server) and paused remote delivery on home
mail server as well and unpause the queue when you do tcp port forwardning
to cloud host as well.

Or just run VPN between cloud host and home host. If either of them won't
be available your mail will stay in queue.

j.