On Wed, Dec 14, 2016 at 10:34:53AM +0100, Jan Betlach wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to have an encrypted Ext2 data partition, which can be shared
> between OpenBSD and Linux. LUKS probably does not work in OpenBSD. Maybe
> something like EncFS is the way to go?
> [...]

EncFS seems to be the most sensible option.

If you share an ext2 partition between Linux and OpenBSD, make sure it's
actually an ext2, not an ext[34]. While those can be mounted as ext2 by
OpenBSD (unless you create an ext4 with extents), things might become
weird if Linux writes to the partition using the journal, the power
fails and you reboot into OpenBSD.

--
        Gregor