On 01/22/2017 04:44 PM, trondd wrote:
On Sun, January 22, 2017 7:19 pm, jungle boogie wrote:
On 01/22/2017 04:13 PM, trondd wrote:
On Sun, January 22, 2017 5:38 pm, jungle boogie wrote:
Hi All,

So I want to actually use my edge router lite instead of it collecting
dust. At the moment I don't have a way to put my ISP provided
router/modem into bridge mode. It acts as a DHCP server for my devices
and does all gateway stuff. This means it's double NATTed. Not ideal,
but I don't have a choice right now.

Problem is the BBB cannot do anything outside either 192.168.0.0/24 or
172.16.13.0/24, like curl websites, ping websites, etc.

pfctl is completely disabled on the ERL. What should I look at next to
see how I can get internet to the BBB?

First thought, if you have pf disabled on the ERL, then its not doing
NAT.

Can the ERL get to the internet?

Ok, and did you enable and configure pf on the ERL so it does NAT for BBB?

Shamefully copying the pf example from the FAQ:
int_if="{ cnmac0 cnmac1 }"
set block-policy drop
set loginterface egress
set skip on lo0
match in all scrub (no-df random-id max-mss 1440)
match out on egress inet from !(egress:network) to any nat-to (egress:0)
#block all
pass out quick inet
pass in on $int_if inet

I removed the martins bit because I'm expecting traffic from 192.168.0.0 from cnmac0.

I can connect to the BBB but still cannot ping.

Is this not actually establishing NAT?

Thanks!