On Fri, 21 Apr 2017 16:02:20 +0000 (UTC)
Stuart Henderson <s...@spacehopper.org> wrote:

> > Email is not instant messaging.
> >
> > Customers need educated to that fact.
>
> How do you educate them to that when they send to their gmail account
> and it shows up on their phone within seconds?
>
> Sometimes there are delays but there's no reason for that to be the
> norm.

Unfortunately, I disagree. Instant messaging has a friends/block
facility, email is for strangers too. The delay doesn't need to
be long however but your chances of receiving spam are far better with
the checks before accepting.

Hotmail users skip through the spam and pick valid messages out of their
spam folder. A colleague of mine commented on having a spam message as
if it was rare the other day.