W dniu 2017-04-25 o 18:47, Daniel Gracia pisze:
EdgeRouter PoE octeon has 3 Ethernet hardware ports (it is the very same
platform for PoE and Lite). In the case of the PoE unit:

* Two first ports are connected to a PHY device (so you can connect an
actual UTP/FTP cable).
* Third port is connected to an embedded hardware switch rather than a PHY
(so you get no cable for your cnmac2).

So the OpenBSD kernel output seems reasonable as long as you suppose that
nobody has taken the job of writting the driver to enable the embedded
switch. Managing PoE is closely related (as this kind of hardware level
configuration should require its very own driver).

Regards!

Sorry for delayed response and thanks for yours.

In this case, can someone please let me know if there are any plans for making this switch supported in OpenBSD in the nearest future?

I'm pretty excited about these little devices so now I'm thinking about buying EdgeRouter Lite where, as I understand, all 3 ports would be available. And 3 ports is the minimum amount required for my own purposes.

--
Cheers,
Pawel Waga