----- On May 3, 2017, at 7:16 AM, Antoine Jacoutot ajacou...@bsdfrog.org wrote:

> On Tue, May 02, 2017 at 08:00:15PM -0500, Aaron Riekenberg wrote:
>> Have a 6.1 amd64 MP system running the generic MP kernel from the
>> installation.  MP was automatically chosen by the installer - this is an
>> Intel Atom 330 dual core box.
>>
>> Ran syspatch today which installed 4 new patches:
>>
>> $ syspatch -l
>> 001_dhcpd
>> 002_vmmfpu
>> 003_libressl
>> 004_softraid_concat
>>

>> One issue is, after installing patches with syspatch and rebooting I'm now
>> running the SP kernel instead of MP:
>>
>> $ uname -a
>> OpenBSD server.localdomain 6.1 GENERIC#4 amd64
>>
>> $ sysctl hw.ncpu
>> hw.ncpu=1
>>

>> After the default installation - hw.ncpu was 2 and I was running the MP
>> kernel.
>
> Hi.
>
> Thanks for the feedback.
> Yes that should not happen but it does because there was an oversight in the
> way we constructed the 002 patch. This will be fixed, but for now the best is
> for you to move bsd.mp to /bsd.

Thanks for providing syspatch! Speaking of kernels, man syspatch
http://man.openbsd.org/syspatch says under FILES section:

/bsd.syspatch${OSrev} Backup of the original /bsd release kernel.

But, after running "syspatch" as root:

# syspatch -l
001_dhcpd
002_vmmfpu
003_libressl
004_softraid_concat
# ls /bsd*
/bsd    /bsd.mp /bsd.rd /bsd.sp

is this a bug in the man page, syspatch or I misunderstood the man page?

--
Marco Bonetti