On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 01:20:06PM +0300, Manolis Tzanidakis wrote:
> On Wed (10/05/17), Peter N. M. Hansteen wrote:
> > That was the first option that came to mind, and the one I may go for as
> > a supplemental format *if* I can find a way to generate PDFs from this
> > source format *and* get the page breaks right. The print preview is
> > available browsers does not leave much hope of that actually happening,
> > however.
>
> You can give wkhtmltopdf (https://wkhtmltopdf.org/) a shot; it's in packages.
>
> A quick test I ran:
>
> $ wkhtmltopdf "https://home.nuug.no/~peter/openbsd_and_you/"; output.pdf
>
> produces nice results, but omits the titles. I guess adding ", sans-serif" in
> the "font-family" lines in your css should fix that, eg:
>
> - body { font-family: 'Droid Serif'; }
> + body { font-family: 'Droid Serif', sans-serif; }

Thanks for a potentially useful set of suggestions!

The index.html that's out there now has that change in it. However, likely
due to some local silliness with fonts here I get missing italics (starting p 7)
and missing monospace in 'shell' environments or config listings starting a
few pages later.

If you get better output, I'd be much indebted if you send me your pdf output
so I can put it in place while I sort of the fonts issue.

- Peter

http://bsdly.blogspot.com/ http://www.bsdly.net/ http://www.nuug.no/