It seems syspatch looks at the current machine capabilities instead of
which kernel is running when it decides on if /bsd is /bsd.sp or /bsd.mp.

I tried to install OpenBSD 6.1 to a USB connected CF card that later will
run in an alix2d13 that has got one core, but I did the installation from
a laptop with two cores.  Both i386.

Then I moved /bsd to /bsd.mp and /bsd.sp to /bsd since the installer had
detected that the install machine should run /bsd.mp.

After that I ran syspatch, still on the laptop, and it failed on patch 002
with as I remember tar complaining on not being able to find /bsd.sp.

Restoring /bsd to /bsd.sp and /bsd.mp to /bsd allowed me to syspatch the
installation, and after that it seems both /bsd (.mp) and /bsd.sp are
patched, so I can hopefully change the kernels just before putting the CF
card in the Alix instead, so no harm done.

But is it by design that syspatch looks at the running machine instead of
the running kernel?  I would have expected it the other way around...

By the way.  Syspatch and openup really makes keeping a system updated a
breeze - thank you very much for these tools, everyone involved!

Best regards