> If your clock drift is worse than that, your clock is broken.  Which
> alas is the case for vm.

I agree with this statement.

About 20 years ago, I defined the minimum system we attempt to run well
on as IPL32 or I32LP64, with a MMU.

Soon this was redefined as with an FPU as well, after which I observed
valiant painful efforts to do softfpu on arm, causing much grief and
pain and showing that FPU is needed.

A while back we realized that a proper RTC is mandated.  Some people
still want to accept cheap hardware sold without an RTC.

Those people will learn their lesson.

At present, vmm is also weak in this area, not regarding the RTC, but
regarding syncronous clock deliver.  Mike will fix that eventually.