Thus said Jungle Boogie on Sun, 30 Jul 2017 16:06:06 -0700
Hello,

I have some cwm questions for you folks.

cwm is launching, but it's not setting my background to gray.
I thought I made the change correctly.

$ cat .xsession

/usr/X11R6/bin/cwm
xsetroot -solid grey &
oclock -geometry 75x75-0-0 &

I've learned much from all these posts - thank you all!

Now using .Xdefaults:
XTerm*faceName: Momo:style=Regular:size=9
XTerm.vt100.saveLines: 1000
XTerm.vt100.scrollBar: true
XTerm.vt100.scrollbar.width: 8
XTerm*selectToClipboard:true

Also some color stuff below. Is everything above accurate to use with openbsd?

My xinitrc:
$ cat .xinitrc

xsetroot -solid gray40 (does the 40 actually do anything? I've seen a few examples with numbers after it)
#xclock -d -geometry 180x30-0-0
exec cwm

I have the digit xclock commented out, because when it was enabled, it seem to have locked the system. Any hints?

My cwmrc:
$ cat .cwmrc

command firefox /usr/local/bin/firefox
fontname "Courier:pixelsize=12:style=Regular"

So it's coming along and I'm liking it!

I have links installed as the browser (and firefox as you see above).
Is links a favorite low resources browser with you folks?

Thanks for all the responses so far!