Hello ladies and lads,

Im currently working on internal training documentation for our
operations and field teams for dealing with OpenBSD based
equipment. These documents would focus on OpenBSDs Network stack
and its capabilities, diagnostics and configuration manipulation
Since Im going to that trouble I thought maybe
My effort could be aligned with the goals of the project, and
perhaps reduce the workload from some of the developers / advocates
of the OpenBSD Project.

I was discussing this with some developers at BSDCan but I didnt
come away with a clear view of how to approach it.

Could the members of OpenBSD who are responsible for OpenBSD
Documentation, and indeed anyone who is interested in advancing /
improving the documentation of OpenBSD get in touch so that I can
adopt an approach that is compatible with the overall direction of
the project and that I can finally provide practical support for
a project that I have benefited from for so long.

My initial thinking is
1) learn mandoc   (Thanks to Philip & Reyk for pointing this out in
    BSDCan ) and try to author/ improve Examples sections
   of existing man pages. One that comes to mind is a point to point
   addressing on GRE tunnels for example
   or perhaps
   providing alternate hostname.if configuration lines that equate
   to ifconfig command arguments,
   (as a humble user I sometimes find the subtle differences between
   ifconfig syntax and hostname.if syntax a barrier to fully
   utilising OpenBSD to achieve our objectives on our network.)
2) work with interested parties who would like to see some concept
   driven / example driven documentation
3) I really like the snappy slick presentation of the training slides
   at http://www.openbsdjumpstart.org
   however I have since learned CSS / HTLML with out JS is preferred.
   If someone has templates for creating training slides / that rely
   only on HTML and CSS I would love to use those to create HTML help
   pages as well as man pages.

in a nutshell Im writing content anyway... so maybe I can do it in a
way that is both accessible for users and is useful for the OpenBSD
Project.

thanks for your time,
All the best
Tom Smyth