I’ve been running snapshots on my machine for a while now.  About once or twice
a week I will interrupt the boot with ‘bsd.rd’ and run through the ‘U’ process
to get the latest builds.  The only weirdness is that it alway defaults to a
really slow mirror (i have to manually enter a different one) and it simply
doesnt work when I enter a number from the list.  Is this a proper way to
update?

What about when the version gets bumped?  Since the switch to 6.2, this method
doesn’t work because it doesnt give the list of packages - just the kernel
ones.  Is this expected behavior and the solution is to boot from a flash drive
or PXE from the latest 6.2 media?

Thanks.
Jordon