On Tue, Oct 10, 2017 at 11:13:45PM +1100, tomr wrote:
> Well... there's nothing in the FAQ about using a keydisk at all, and
> there's no hints in bioctl(8) about using both a keydisk and a password
> together.

That's because using both isn't a supported use case yet.
In the current design and implementation, there's either a passphrase
or a keydisk, but never both.

> The last comment on this thread describes what I'd like to do, which is
> to somehow have a keydisk *and* a passphrase:
> https://undeadly.org/cgi?action=article&sid=20131112031806

Please understand that I don't have any interest in supporting such hacks.
If you use them and they work for you, that's fine of course.

I'd rather see a patch that makes this feature a proper part of the design
and implementation. I don't need this feature. But if you write a patch
to implement it properly, I will review your patch.