On 17/10/15 15:20, Jens John wrote:
On Sun, Oct 15, 2017 at 11:07:55AM +0200, Niels Kobschaetzki wrote:
> I do this because I prefer the default font in xterms for Latin
> text, and the Japanese font is too big for my tastes.  For
> Japanese it's the other way around.  A bigger font is necessary to
> show the detail of kanji.  Either way, it's only a display issue
> and I can edit documents even if the font doesn't display them
> properly.

I hoped, I can find a way to use both at once - Terminess for ascii, a
Japanese font for Japanese.

If specifying multiple fonts in xterm's font resource key at the same
time is not possible, you can achieve this exact behaviour in urvxt,
which supports font lookup lists. There, I have:

<snip urxvt-examples>

meaning, that if a CJK glyph can't be found in Fantasque Sans, it looks
up the glyph in the next listed font.

My understanding was that faceName and faceNameDoublesize are for that. Doublesized characters like CJK-characters the font from
faceNameDoublesize is used and for normal sized characters the font from
faceName is used. It seems I am mistaken.

--
Schöne Grüße

Niels