Maybe you should try qutebrowser,

it is a great browser, very good for using with kb, and it works on the common
stuff ( protonmail, gmail, hotmail, youtube, and so)

I don't like to be within the google lens working with chrome, but i neither
like the way FF has evolved recently (no priv sep, too much ram and so)

Hope you can give a try to qutebrowser, like it and see if it solve your
problems.

Reggards,

Manuel