On Sat, Nov 11, 2017 at 05:58:59AM -0700, Theo de Raadt wrote:
> >A question to the experts here.
> >
> >My home router (a crappy one provided by my ISP) has ipv6 disabled, at
> >least it's what its guied configuration tells me. :-)  And I have ipv6
> >disabled in all my LAN machines.  The laptop I use with OpenBSD has
> >slaacd(8) up and running by default, even when I didn't configure any
> >interface to use ipv6 at install time.
> >
> >Under the above conditions, do I still need slaacd running?
>
> Yes, absolutely.
>
> Otherwise one day you will configure up v6 on an interface and
> come whining about how your custom configuration isn't do inet6
> boohoohoo.

OK.  You assume I'm an asshole.

> You need it.  And don't go writing some balony blog saying you don't
> need it.

I don't need blogs. :-)

Look, I'm very happy with OpenBSD (*honestly*) in the technical as well
as in the human aspect.  The *only one* negative point I found till now
in this project is your attitude.  The next time you want to insult me
do it in private, in that way you won't harm the project (taking in care
the other people working hard on it).