Em 15/11/2017 15:06, Stuart Henderson escreveu:
On 2017-11-15, Stuart Henderson <s...@spacehopper.org> wrote:

If I make a port using the normal ports framework and try it on -current,
I get this, which is a bit further but not all the way :

1..23
ok 1 - use PerlIO::eol;
ok 2
ok 3
ok 4
ok 5
ok 6 - open for read
Failed 17/23 subtests

Test Summary Report
-------------------
t/1-basic.t (Wstat: 134 Tests: 6 Failed: 0)
   Non-zero wait status: 134
   Parse errors: Bad plan.  You planned 23 tests but ran 6.
Files=1, Tests=6,  0 wallclock secs ( 0.01 usr  0.04 sys +  0.03 cusr  0.03
csys =  0.11 CPU)
Result: FAIL

Ha. I didn't notice before I wrote a local port, but there's already
a port in the tree. So actually you should just be able to use
"pkg_add p5-PerlIO-eol".

In general: use the OS packages, don't try and mix with cpan.
In most cases it's easier to write a port than deal with the mess
that you'll end up in by using two different/conflicting package
systems (i.e. OpenBSD's usual one and CPAN).

Thanks Stuart!

Actually, using CPAN is the main objective here because I'm testing OpenBSD 6.1 as a CPAN Smoker (https://github.com/glasswalk3r/cpan-openbsd-smoker).

So, basically it really didn't occurred to me to search for a ports, but I see that it is updated to the latest version of this module.

I'm not acquainted with creating ports, but I guess I should start from https://www.openbsd.org/faq/ports/ and then checkout http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/~checkout~/ports/devel/p5-PerlIO-eol/Makefile?rev=1.17&content-type=text/plain.

So far, I wasn't able to figure out anything outstanding with the building process that is common to Perl modules, but I didn't find anything regarding executing tests as well. To me, the Makefile over there has a bit of magic to make it work, so I would appreciate any inputs on that.