On 2017-11-15, Alceu Rodrigues de Freitas Junior <glasswal...@yahoo.com.br>
wrote:
> Em 15/11/2017 15:06, Stuart Henderson escreveu:
>> On 2017-11-15, Stuart Henderson <s...@spacehopper.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> If I make a port using the normal ports framework and try it on -current,
>>> I get this, which is a bit further but not all the way :
>>>
>>> 1..23
>>> ok 1 - use PerlIO::eol;
>>> ok 2
>>> ok 3
>>> ok 4
>>> ok 5
>>> ok 6 - open for read
>>> Failed 17/23 subtests
>>>
>>> Test Summary Report
>>> -------------------
>>> t/1-basic.t (Wstat: 134 Tests: 6 Failed: 0)
>>>    Non-zero wait status: 134
>>>    Parse errors: Bad plan.  You planned 23 tests but ran 6.
>>> Files=1, Tests=6,  0 wallclock secs ( 0.01 usr  0.04 sys +  0.03 cusr  0.03
>>> csys =  0.11 CPU)
>>> Result: FAIL
>>>

>> Ha. I didn't notice before I wrote a local port, but there's already
>> a port in the tree. So actually you should just be able to use
>> "pkg_add p5-PerlIO-eol".
>>
>> In general: use the OS packages, don't try and mix with cpan.
>> In most cases it's easier to write a port than deal with the mess
>> that you'll end up in by using two different/conflicting package
>> systems (i.e. OpenBSD's usual one and CPAN).
>>

> Thanks Stuart!
>
> Actually, using CPAN is the main objective here because I'm testing
> OpenBSD 6.1 as a CPAN Smoker
> (https://github.com/glasswalk3r/cpan-openbsd-smoker).
>
> So, basically it really didn't occurred to me to search for a ports, but
> I see that it is updated to the latest version of this module.
>
> I'm not acquainted with creating ports, but I guess I should start from
> https://www.openbsd.org/faq/ports/ and then checkout
> http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/~checkout~/ports/devel/p5-PerlIO-eol/Makefile?rev=1.17&content-type=text/plain.
>
> So far, I wasn't able to figure out anything outstanding with the
> building process that is common to Perl modules, but I didn't find
> anything regarding executing tests as well. To me, the Makefile over
> there has a bit of magic to make it work, so I would appreciate any
> inputs on that.

The individual port Makefile includes bsd.port.mk (from
/usr/ports/infrastructure/mk), and that pulls in additional parts via
the MODULES mechanism (especially relevant here are cpan.port.mk and
perl.port.mk).

If you want to see the actual command line used to run tests for this
port, "make fake; make -n _internal-test".

You'll need a checkout of the whole ports tree rather than just the
one directory.