I wrote:

> In that case, I'd interpret the beancounter's reponse as 'have to make
> sacrifices, don't we? *sigh*'.

I amend that.

Isn't it just loss?

We experienced techies try not to allow ourselves to get too attached
to an environment, don't we? But hasn't there been a 'first time' this
has happened, for us all? And were *we* that prepared for it?

It's like a replacement teddy bear, isn't it? The old one might be in
pieces and still the new one won't ever feel as real.

Or one's first love. It never quite feels the same again, does it?

Perhaps a shared drink to mark the transition will help the grieving
process along a little.

I could still be all wrong, so I'll just shut up for now and see what
others have to say.

        --schaafuit.