On 11/22/17 15:37, Jens A. Griepentrog wrote:
Dear Misc Listeners,

After the installation of a Logilink PC0017 4x serial puc(4) addon
card, my system initially hung at "setting tty flags" at boot.
After a reboot in single-user mode, from now on the hang-ups are
gone away also in multi-user mode but it seems to me that only two
of the four additional serial ports are configured. This will be no
drama since, in fact, I only need two additional serial ports.

... schnipp ...

I have to correct myself, the hangups occur again from time to time
when booting in multi-user mode and disappear after some intermediate
reboots in single-user mode. I will disassemble that addon card soon.

With best regards,
Jens