> Hi all!
>
> Thought I'd create an OpenBSD wiki somewhere, where anyone (especially
> non-developers like myself) could create and edit tutorials for stuff
> non-developers like myself would find useful. I find that sometimes
> existing tutorials become outdated, and was thinking that a wiki would make
> updates easier.
>
> Before I go and create anything - are there already a place similar to what
> I'm describing, where I could get myself involved? (I'm too junior to start
> suggesting changes and updates to the docs on OpenBSD.org, and I'm not sure
> they should be used for what I want to achieve.)
>
> I know this comes out as yet another "let's start another project no one is
> asking for", but please be gentle with flaming me - I honestly want to
> contribute to the community to the extent of my abilities.
>
> Cheers,
> Andreas

OpenBSD already has a good faq, manpages and books.
Both the FAQ and manpages receives updates, even for non-developers as
patchs.
I remember that an list member provided an faq update because a change on
ifconfig.

IMHO, I think that there is no need for an wiki.  Just improve the FAQ
(that is plain
HTML!!!, no some sort of 'custom markdown'). Just send a patch.

Also the manpages are great, yesterday I used ypldap.conf(5) to setup a lab
to try to
make openbsd as a FreeIPA client (no flame war, please).  In fact, I only
used the
manpages for YP .  But I need info pages, pkg-readme, and some old article
of
kerberos from bsdmagazine to setup the kerberos part (that is not in base
anymore).

Some weeks ago, I used the manpages to setup an two-factor auth (ssh-key +
password).
On the same day, I used another manpage and pkg_readme to setup TOTP
passwords.
And on the login.conf(5) you can find how to use OTP+password to ssh in,
OTP to sudo and
password only to change own password (yes, it's an crazy setup, but I
learned how to do it)

Not OpenBSD related, but I learned a lot of perl just by using the tutorial
manpages, and I
still use some perl*tut to resolve some doubt.  At that time I was using
FreeBSD, and there
docs (handbook) are also a good source of information.  The chapter of BIND
DNS is very
good for a newbie sysadmin.

As I said, there is no need to create an wiki.  We, the users
non-developers, need to submit
the missing parts from the faq or manpages or some configuration to put in
/etc/examples.

Att,
Mosconi