I'm throwing together a quick proof-of-concept thingy to give to a customer and thought it might be  fun to use OpenBSD as the OS for the VM image.   Unfortunately, the not so fun part of it is that I'm required to get permission to use/distribute this open source software, which entails needing to identify all the internal software components and licenses used.  I thought this was going to be easy, but it's proving to be anything but...

My system only has the following installed: bsd, bsd.rd, bsd.mp, base62, etc62, and man62.

Is there, by chance, such a breakdown available for these already? Since OpenBSD is distributed in binary form, is there a copyright attributions listing somewhere to satisfy the "must reproduce the above copyright" clause, or do you just point to the also-distributed source for all that?

In lieu of that, it seems that a script could analyze the source code - everything is contained in sys.tar.gz (the kernel) and src.tar.gz (userland), right?

For the kernel, I'd like to think that it's all BSD, but `grep -R '"GPL"' *` shows 39 files having the "GPL" string.  Looking at these, it appears that they are all dual-licensed.  I didn't check if there are any other licenses in the kernel, but is it safe to say that, if there are, they are all dual-licensed and therefore the net-net is that the kernel is all BSD?

For the userland, first, is there an easy way to isolate the sub-parts of src.tar.gz that contribute to base62, etc62, and man62?  Next, is there an easy way to identify the unique packages/projects that are included?  - this in hope that it might be easier to identify the licenses at the project-level than the file-level.  Any thoughts for how to make this go easy?

I'm beginning to think that this might be more trouble than it's worth, and that I might be better off having the customer download/install OpenBSD  themselves, and then run something like an Ansible script to install/configure the demo...

Thanks,
Kent