On 2018/03/26 22:31, Z Ero wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 26, 2018 at 3:49 AM, Stuart Henderson <s...@spacehopper.org>
> wrote:
> > On 2018-03-25, Z Ero <zerotetrat...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Is 6.3 release almost here? Is that why? If you are using your
> >> computer for production and are not actively developing / debugging
> >> OpenBSD why would you run a current snapshot rather than the stable
> >> release? Just curious.
> >
> > - easy access to newer packages, at the cost of a bit more work updating.
> >
> > - maybe you want new features from -current, or bug fixes that haven't
> > been backported to -stable.
>
> I just don't want OpenBSD to turn into Linux where the fixation is on
> newest shiny thing rather than doing code right. Sometimes I think
> people who are excessively interested in bleeding edge features more
> want an OS for tinkering with than an OS for production / work. I want
> something stable to use. But to each his own.

I should have added another one:

- making sure things are in good shape for the next release.

Since OpenBSD has a single branch which is always expected to work,
running -current is nothing like running a development branch of some
other OS where new features are "matured" before bringing into mainline.