On 5/26/2018 4:54 AM, Stuart Henderson wrote:

aeneas.datagenic.com doesn't respond on port 80. (And if I can't
fetch it, letsencrypt's checkers are also unlikely to be able to).

Firewall issue?

Oh, FFS.

Yes. A silly pf rule blocking incoming traffic from outside my LAN that I overlooked when I first considered that idea, but then discarded on account of the error message. Which, to me, at least, does not in any reasonable way point to a connection problem.

So, thanks very much for applying the clue stick. And, to whom may I suggest that the misleading error message from acme-client be changed to something actually resembling the problem it has encountered?