On 18/05/30 14:29, Markus Rosjat wrote:
Hi all,

this is more a post to get an overview how the pros (not me ... you guys) put there tools together. I can write simple shell scripts and this is ok but I do a little python coding once in a while and noticed I'm going to write my tools in python. Sure its a little overhead and most of the time you ending up using subprocess to call a existing tool that you would use on a cmd anyway. So what you guys using these days, is it shellscripts, c programs, perl or?

I write usually shell-scripts for /bin/sh, so no bash-isms etc.
But depending on the use case I might use python.

Niels