On 06/06/18 22:56, francis.dos.san...@ciudad.com.ar wrote:
> About two days ago I upgraded to the version #65 below, just to see if
> the game unknown-horizons would run smooth. Starting the computer anew
> after evaluating the performance of the game I noticed that the machine
> rebooted automatically. Many lines are printed with some weird '-> 0'
> or '0 -> 1'. It scrolls by too fast to see properly.

Can you plug a null modem cable into the machine's serial port (PCI/ISA
one, not USB) and tell the kernel to direct its messages to that while
another watches the output?

Check your motherboard, some do provide "COM1" via a header which can be
used exactly for this purpose.
--
Stuart Longland (aka Redhatter, VK4MSL)

I haven't lost my mind...