Hi,

over last few years, I got an impression that OpenBSD project seem to
favour Chromium over Firefox. For example, in:

https://www.openbsd.org/papers/BeckPledgeUnveilBSDCan2018.pdf

"We know it's right when we can do chrome."
"[...]chrome - the stuff we use frequently"

I don't understand neither browser's code. However, current propaganda
that reaches me goes along the lines "Firefox is made by non-profit
organization with users' freedom in mind, while Chromium is made by
for-profit organization for the purpose of extraction of users'
personal information". I trust OpenBSD project and it's users more than
big vendors' pitches, so I'd like to ask:

Is the above untrue? Am I, as a user, more vulnerable to security and
privacy violations using Firefox than Chromium on OpenBSD?

Or is this question off-topic, as OpenBSD cares about technical
correctness of the code in regard to overall security of a computer
system, not outcome of users voluntarily running technically correct
code, even when it compromises their personal security?

Something else?

Thank you in advance,

After  enlightenment - chop wood, draw water.

Marko Cupać
https://www.mimar.rs/