Definitely second the ThinkPad recommendations. I have an X230i, bought used,
on which I currently run OpenBSD 6.3, and an E550 on which I've used OpenBSD in
the past; both run perfectly as of 6.2, except for the fingerprint reader on
the X (although to be fair I haven't tried that again recently).

Jeff

⁣Sent from Blue ​