ThinkPads use devices for which there are open source devices for everything,
as far as I know. Still, hardware support in the BSDs lags Linux to varying
degrees, because of slower hardware. (My 2015 E550, for example, still lacked
full video support in FreeBSD RELEASE,  last time I looked.

In my experience, hardware support is actually better in OpenBSD than FreeBSD.

Jeff

⁣Sent from Blue ​