Hello Dave,

Saturday, February 4, 2006, 11:10:08 AM, you wrote:

DF> I am now starting httpd at boot. It reports that it cannot
DF> determine the fully qualified domain name and listens to
DF> only 127.0.0.1. How can I set the ip address to which httpd
DF> listens to the address assigned to me by verizon's dhcp server?

If you watch your boot message, right before the login prompt, you
will see the assigned IP addy come up, from dhcp.

Then, you can add the line:

lease {fixed-address the.dhcp.ip.address;}

{curly braces, not parentheses} ...to /etc/dhclient.conf
and dhcp will always give you the same IP addy, when the lease renews.

You can also include the IP and server name, nickname to /etc/hosts
and also place the IP in httpd.conf in the 'Listen' directive, the
'BindAddress' directive, or the <VirtualHost xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx>
container, depending on how you configure Apache to run.

-wittig http://www.robertwittig.com/
.