On 28/08/2018 13:13, Dave Voutila wrote:
Any reason you can't use something like gunicorn as the app server and
use relayd on the egress?

I haven't thought about it. We have existing stack with config files,
admin scripts, friendly Makefiles, etc. It's a turn-key solution
that gives me a running app hanging on fastcgi socket.

Simple architecture would be egress running relayd and then gunicorn

What would be the benefit of "gunicorn+relayd" vs "uwsgi+httpd/nginx"?

There is admin know-how and automation around current stack, but
I'm keen on re-evaluating it if there are other benefits elsewhere.

Biggest win would be chroot-table app server, but I'm not sure if
it's easily doable with Python at all.

Doable with gunicorn?

Best regards,
Chris