I'm deploying a Django app on OpenBSD 6.3 and I'm strugging to
wrap my head around the best practices here.

On Linux we just bootstrap virtualenv in home directory and start
uwsgi (or altenative), but on OpenBSD it seems to be a bit more
complicated:

core# mkdir /var/www/app
core# cd /var/www/app/ core# virtualenv-3 -p python3 env
Running virtualenv with interpreter /usr/local/bin/python3
Using base prefix '/usr/local'
New python executable in /var/www/app/env/bin/python3
Also creating executable in /var/www/app/env/bin/python
ERROR: The executable /var/www/app/env/bin/python3 could not be run:
[Errno 13] Permission denied: '/var/www/app/env/bin/python3'

Well, that makes perfect sense for me, since we're running
some binary not in bin directory, but what is the recommended
way of deploying the app in such situation?

I'm running on vultr, which provides a non-default disk layout:

core# mount
/dev/sd0a on / type ffs (local)
/dev/sd0d on /usr/local type ffs (local, nodev, wxallowed)

Thanks for any suggestions.