On Tue, 11 Sep 2018 16:57:09 +0100
Oliver Leaver-Smith <oli...@leaversmith.com> wrote:

> Nice helpful script, thanks. Didn't run off the bat for me as it
> expects python3 in /usr/bin/
>
> `#!/usr/bin/env python` is more portable

The preceding might bring up Python 2.7, which wouldn't work. If
there's a similar environment variable that either brings up the
Python3 executable, or nothing at all, that would be better.

Another possibility would be to get rid of the shebang entirely, and
make people run it like:

python3.1.4.5.9  cidr_calc.py 10.10.10.0/24

Hopefully, people will know the name of their Python3 executable.

Thanks,

SteveT

Steve Litt
September 2018 featured book: Quit Joblessness: Start Your Own Business
http://www.troubleshooters.com/startbiz