On Mon, 17 Sep 2018 13:20:22 -0700

> I don't mind throwing in PostgreSQL, but where are some good
> table/column examples?

SQL is for centralisation of many servers, it will likely be slower
otherwise.

There is greyscanner in ports. You can use that as a model for your own
scripts to do extra checks. There is also a BGP powered spam list
previously published on this list.

Disposable addresses as supported by OpenSMTPD with automatic folder
creation are neat. So bob-dodgyexhibit...@bob.com would automatically go
in bob-dodgyexhibition folder and bob-johnnybestm...@bob.com would go
in bob-johnnybestmate folder. Very useful to see who can't be trusted
with security/email address keeping though. After all you rarely get
spam as a result of handing addresses out to those you really need to
talk to.

I see clamav and other scanning stuff as an insecurity personally. Big
companies use dedicated hw but I don't get the point.

You shouldn't open untrusted weblinks so why open unexpected email. If
you know the address it has gone to you already know the likelihood of
it being spam and can pick out the odd email or ignore or delete/trap
the folder. People get a shock when you tell them they are almost the
only possible cause of you getting spam too. I've had one guy hangup the
phone almost immediately, lol.

Having said all this, email does not make you money, so consider if it
is worth the time! A mailing list can be useful, less so your own mail
server.