I have a fresh install of 6.3-AMD64 running on an AMD FX-8300 8 core
system.  I have created a 10G disk image.  I then started the vm to boot
the bsd.rd so I can install OpenBSD 6.3-AMD64 into this disk image.  Here
are my issues:

1)  The screen is really slow when the OpenBSD installer starts.  I have to
keep pressing the space bar for the screen to update text output so I can
see the full prompts.  I noticed in several Google searches that people
suggest using SSH instead of CU to connect to the vm to get around the slow
screen output.  My question is how do I connect to the vm if the vm does
not have an OS running on it to accept the SSH connection?

2)  I set sysctl.conf to "net.inet.ip.forwarding=1", added the following to
the end of my default pf.conf: "pass out on egress from !(egress) nat-to
(egress)" and then set hostname.vether0 to "inet 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0
192.168.1.255".  Finally I rebooted the machine.  SSH does not work to
connect to the vm.  My question, I use "vmctl console 1" and the installer
asks for the location of the install sets and I tell it http, however it
does not connect to the network...what am I missing to get the network to
pass traffic to the vm?

3)  Is there on online example that shows a step-by-step process for
getting thru an OS installation using vmm?  I have tried at least 5
different examples from Google searches and I notice that all of the
examples stop at the point where the bsd.rd is started on the vm for the
first time which points me back to issue number 1 detailed above.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.