From: Hajime Edakawa <hajime.edak...@gmail.com>
Date: 2018年9月13日(木) 3:12
Subject: Re: doas.conf(5) question: when password required
To: <s...@spacehopper.org>

Thank you for your kind reply, Mr. Henderson.

I am verry sorry, I mistook my first e-mail.
There was two my mistook.

The correction is as follows;

Mistook(1/2):
> > Hello to all,
> >
> > I am sorry to say that I could not understand this behavior intuitively.
> >
> > $ id -Gn
> > hajime wheel
> > $ cat /etc/doas.conf
> > permit nopass hajime as root cmd mg    # A
> > permit keepenv :wheel                  # B
> > $ doas mg /etc/doas.conf               # no password, ok.

Correct(1/2):
$ id -Gn
hajime wheel
$ cat /etc/doas.conf
permit nopass hajime as root cmd mg    # A
permit keepenv :wheel                  # B
$ doas mg /etc/doas.conf               # require password, ok?
doas (***) password:
$

Mistook(2/2):
> > But,
> >
> > $ id -Gn
> > hajime wheel
> > $ cat /etc/doas.conf
> > permit keepenv :wheel                  # B
> > permit nopass hajime as root cmd mg    # A
> > $ doas mg /etc/doas.conf               # require password, ok?
> > doas (***) password:
> > $
> >
> > I understand the former, but I could not understand the letter.
> > My question is whether is this correct behavior?

Correct(2/2):
$ id -Gn
hajime wheel
$ cat /etc/doas.conf
permit keepenv :wheel                  # B
permit nopass hajime as root cmd mg    # A
$ doas mg /etc/doas.conf               # no password, ok.
$

Excuse me for taking up your time over such my mistook.
I am very grateful that you explained that to me politely.

My bad. I apologize again.

Sincerely yours,
Hajime Edakawa